About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Role
Knowing (re)insurance business and its principles is not a requirement, but you need to like work with numbers and analyzing data. Once you start, you will go through intensive training focused on process and tools we use daily. After the training, your main responsibilities will be administration of clients' accounts in your portfolio, making sure you handle the accounts correctly on time and being primary contact for the clients.
The portfolio comprises set of our clients who are primarily insurance companies and brokers. As opposed to the classical financial accounting, technical accounting is connected exclusively to the reinsurance industry. We have a very close collaboration with stakeholders from other locations, therefore you will use English almost every day during meetings or clarifications which may arise throughout accounts validation.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Verification of received reinsurance accounts from clients as agreed in treaties
- Clarification of deviations and incorrect data with Swiss Re's internal departments and/or clients
- Data analysis, booking and cash flow management
- Business communication with internal and external clients (call, email etc.)
- Data quality control and risk management related activities according to internal guidelines
- Proactive investigation, analysis and interpretation of processed accounting information
- Sharing of information with other team members and if needed support cross-team cooperation
- Flair for numbers and analytical skills
- Engaged and a self-starter
- Diligent, analytical and detail oriented
- Communicative and enjoying team spirit
- Fluent in English - written and spoken
- Advanced in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- University degree or equivalent on the job experience
Other Activities/Accountabilities that may be required from you
- Initial training is obligatory
- Perform other position related tasks as instructed by Supervisor
- Provide cover for roles in other teams
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required from time to time
- Some travel to Swiss Re locations may be required
Minimum base salary for this job from 1100 EUR gross/month/full time.
Our offer to you may be higher based on your skills and experience and will include additional rewards and benefits.
We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions. Our compensation philosophy is to pay fairly, also considering market situation and the value employees may bring to Swiss Re.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
Recruitment Advisor EMEA
Direct: +421 2 583 144 92